FESTIVALS & EVENTS INTERN - SUMMER 2017
Under general supervision of the festivals and events division staff, the intern will provide assistance in all areas of event management. Typical duties include:
1. Distribution of information and applications for participation in Grapevine's festivals and events.
2. Planning and execution of steering committee meetings and other special committee meetings.
3. Distribution of festival collateral such as posters, brochures, maps, etc.
4. Work with volunteers, recruitments, managing volunteer data and on-site coordination of activities.
5. Work with staff and committee members on signage needs.
6. Research sponsor gifts, entertainment, festival store items and special event needs.
7. Work with staff and volunteers on festival and event set-up and tear-down.
8. Inventory of festival items such as signage, wine, props, etc.
9. Gather follow-up information on festivals and events, noting problem areas and offering ideas for improvement.
10. Work with staff on Volunteer Recognition event.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
Must be a college student, in good academic standing, preferably working on a degree in tourism, hospitality management, marketing, or other tourism related fields. Knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Must have a driver's license with an acceptable driving record as defined by City policy. Must be physically fit, able to set-up and tear-down events and walk/stand outside for an extended period of time. Ability to work irregular hours.
Texas A&M University, Class of 2018
GRAPEVINE CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU
636 S. Main Street
Grapevine, TX 76051
VINTAGE CAR SPECIALIST
GRAPEVINE CONVENTION AND VISITORS BUREAU
Festivals & Events
The Grapevine Convention & Visitors Bureau acts as the promotional arm of the City of Grapevine and is responsible for actively selling, marketing and publicizing Grapevine globally. The Bureau promotes the city's hotels, meeting facilities, historic and family attractions, festivals and events, dining establishments and retail businesses to the group meetings and leisure markets.
ACHIEVEMENTS & EXPERIENCES
Contributed to the success and implementation of Main Street Fest: A Craft Brew Experience, held May 19, 20 & 21, 2017.
Ensured the success of Summerblast: Friday Night Fireworks every Friday night from Memorial Day thru Labor Day.
Assisted with the planning, and will return for the implementation of Grapefest: A Texas Wine Experience, to be held September 14, 15, 16 & 17, 2017.
Attended the Texas Festivals and Events Association 2017 conference with the festivals and events team, where we won 8 different Marketing Awards for festival collateral items.
Significant improvement in public speaking skills due to many presentations and large meetings.
BENEFITS & OPPORTUNITIES
$12.60 per hour
"Backstage" experience to two huge Grapevine festivals.
Paid registration to the Texas Festival and Events Association's 2017 Conference in Fort Worth, TX
Ample networking opportunities with professional event executives.